Nouvelles - 2004
- November 15, 2004 - New Service request form now available from this site. A single form will now be used for both liquid and solid samples submitted for service work.
- October 19, 2004 - Training notes for the Bruker ASX-200 have been added to this site.
- April 16, 2004 - After a long hard fight, the Gemini 200 is now back in service.
- April 8, 2004 - Version 1 of Training Notes for the Varian INOVA 500 have been added to this site.
- April 2, 2004 - Starting on Monday April 5, the Varian INOVA 500 MHz NMR will be available for general use. For the time being the instrument will be equipped with a probe capable of 13C and 1H NMR experiments only. The following options are now available to you.
1. Submit your sample to be run for you.
2. Get trained to run the instrument yourself. Due to a restricted amount of space behind the console, training sessions will be limited to two people per session. Sessions will be scheduled as needed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- March 31, 2004 - Congratulations are in order for the Center for Catalysis whose successful CFI proposal will fund a new 400 MHz NMR spectrometer with a robotic sample changer for high throughput.
- March 29, 2004 - NMR POLICY CHANGES for the AVANCE 300 IMPLEMENTED TODAY.
Processing and plotting of data is no longer permitted on the AVANCE 300. All data must be processed off-line. If you are not sure how to do this please come and see either Cherly McDowall or Glenn Facey in D'Iorio 416.Mon-Fri 8:00am - 1:00pm: 10 minute (maximum) booked time slots.No more logbook, No more walkup.These slots can only be booked on the current day.Illegally booked slots will be cancelled without notice.Mon-Fri 1:00pm - 8:00pm: 60 minute (maximum) booked time slots.These slots can be booked two days in advance.Mon-Fri 8:00pm - 8:00am: 12 hour (maximum) time slots.These slots can be booked two days in advance.Weekends (Saturday 8:00 am - Monday 8:00 am):12 hour (maximum) time slots. These slots can be booked two days in advance.
- March 4, 2004 - Due to an unfortunate magnet quench, the Gemini 200 NMR spectrometer in D'Iorio 430 will be out of service until the magnet can be recharged by a service engineer. I anticipate approximately 4 weeks of down time.
- February 25, 2004 - Installation of the Varian INOVA-500 is in progress.
- January 23, 2004 - The new Varian INOVA 500 console which will replace the Bruker AMX-500 console in D'Iorio 416 has been delivered. The AMX-500 will be retired and decommissioned on Tuesday February 17. Installation of the new console will begin on February 23. The new spectrometer should be available for training sessions in late March.